Monday, May 15, 2017

Walking on the Beaches


The Stranglers : Peaches


On May 15, 1977 The Stranglers most controversial single ,"Peaches", entered the UK charts at #37. The misogynistic, voyeuristic single would be one of the most notorious hits of the Summer of '77, peaking at #8. Hugh Cornwell is still taking a lot of crap about the tongue in cheek lyrics. It probably didn't help that he told one interviewer "I love putting women on a pedestal...so you can see up their skirts"or that guitarist John Ellis added "We love women's movements...especially underneath us."




Well I got the notion girl that you got some suntan lotion in that bottle of yours 
Spread it all over my peelin' skin, baby 
That feels real good 
All this skirt lappin' up the sun 
 Lap me up 
Why don't you come on and lap me up?



No comments:

Post a Comment