Monday, October 17, 2011

Suggs of Madness Picks His All-Time Top Ten Songs (1981)





As told to Smash Hits Magazine in the October 1-14, 1981 issue via Like Punk Never Happened

1. ( Ian Dury) Kilburn and the High Roads - Hufferty Pull This song reminds me very much of early gigs I went to
2. UB40 - Dream a Lie Good chaps and a good song
3. Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)This is nostalgia
4. Julie London - Cry Me a River This one I like as it's got so much soul
5. Jimmy Cliff - She Does It To Me Right He's just smashing!
6. The Beatles - I'm Only Sleeping The Beatles are my favourite group
7. Robert Wyatt - Strange Fruit This one I like as it's so far out of tune - it's fantastic!
8. Psychedelic Furs - Dumb Waiters Love the song. Love the video
9. The Four Tops - Bernadette Songs, songs, songs
10. Clive Langer and the Boxers - Have a Nice Night This is unappreciated music by an unappreciated guy. It's so great, and like a poem

No comments:

Post a Comment